TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
won't fire when wet or even moist outside. won't fire with ether spray. definitly no spark. narrowed it down to ign. module or coil or stator inside distributor. i was under impress that when the ign. mod goes the car won't run ever. car will run fine for days until it rains out. car is 93 n/a bird all stock.suggest appericiated in ruling out parts.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Same exact thing happened to me and then I found out that it was a wire going to the starter that had lost its protective coating. Car wouldn't start in the rain but always started when dry. Might not be the prob. but just check all those connections that might come in contact with water first and then go from there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not a cranking problem, it cranks all day. full power. it just won't fire the cylinders.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That is what mine does when it rains, it cranks and cranks but wont fire. I hold down the gas pedal then flutter it then hold it down and it finally fires up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wait for a dry day when it will start. At night pop the hood, start it and let it run, look under the hood at the distributer and plug wires. If you see a laser light show around your wires replace them. If no light show around the wires then replace the distributor cap and rotor.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
my 93 just clicks when its moist or damp out side. cranks and starts right up on thunderstorms, snow storms, ice storms or anything else....weird ehh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts