TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was woundering if there is any difference in these 2 engines? I was thinking about putting a supercharger from an SC engine and bolting it to mine. Will everything be fine? Other then maybe changing head gaskets. This engine has not even 10,000 on it yet. I wasn't sure if the heads were different and intake too.
thanks for any help,
Jim

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
I think the difference between the 3.8 and 3.8 SC is the head gaskets, crank, rods and pistons. I believe the blocks are exactly the same. If you put a supercharger on a standard 3.8, it will blow your engine into pieces because there's so much power traveling through your engine that won't be able to handle the amount of pressure. I think you also need to upgrade the exhaust system, not sure on this one. You can always get a complete list of engine upgrades you need from a dealership (maybe) in order to put an SC on your 3.8.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,676 Posts
Your better off to either swap the entire SC engine and tranny or else get a 3.8 Vortech supercharger kit. The Vortech doesn't make as much boost, but without strengthening the 3.8 N/A, the Vortech is better.

For reference, here's another post that discussed it: 3.8 SC Swap post

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I was just woundering if I can do that. It sounds like a lot of work either way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts