TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was checking my transmission fluid the other day (engine running of course) and noticed one of the rubber hoses in the engine bay looked like it was 'sweating' a little. There didn't seem to be any direct leak, just very small droplets sticking to the outside of the rubber hose. I wiped it down with a tissue and it didn't smell like gas or look like oil.

Can anyone tell me what the hose in the picture under the arrow is?
I know hoses deteriorate over time and I plan to have it looked at. Is this something I should be immediately concerned about?

This is a standard pic I got from wiki, but my engine is the same. eg NA 3.8L

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
isn't that an a/c hose going to the interior? i.e. cold "freon" is in that tube going to the interior...

Yeah, pretty sure those are a/c lines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Natesriv Oh that's great news! Thanks for the response. So I guess it's probably just water condensation? It's 80 plus degrees here in LA at the moment so that would make sense with the cold freon.

·
Super Moderator
7,559 Posts
Yes, that is an AC line, so if the AC was on, condensation will form on that line.

·
Registered
584 Posts
so much room for activities!

Can we build bunk beds....

so......................................????????????????????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah..I'm planning on a hybrid quad-turbo supercharger setup next season..... LOL or if you guys want to send your kids to summer camp under my hood I am open for bookings.. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts