TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know - are the fuel injectors in the 3.8L the same as the 5.0L injectors? if not, do you know the # rating on the 3.8 injector? Working on putting head gaskets on mine, and twisted one up last night (#&$%#%!!!) so its gotta be replaced. This is my first 3.8L, but I have a TON of 5.0 parts including injectors lying around!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
955 Posts
i have some 3.8L mustang injectors you can have for $20+ shipping.. its from a 99+ mustang. i dont dont know it will work or don't!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What color are the Mustang injectors? how much do you need total to ship them to zip 48124 (Dearborn, MI). Is that price for the set of 6?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'd honestly get the stock ones, unless you're making a crazy amount of HP to be able to use the extra FI. I just kept the stock ones, and they are working fine for me. But also, I believe if you change the injectors to 19 lb ones, you have to have a chip for the computer, to get the mixture correctly set up for 19 lbs instead of the stock ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Right now Im just trying to put the car back on the road. Stock is just fine by me, all I need is one injector and Im good to go. I dont know how long Im going to keep it, so putting crazy money into it is not smart right now. so as soon as I can find a stock injector, or set if the price is right, Im good to go!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
3.8L, 5.0L, and 4.9L all use 14# injectors up to 1996
5.0L H.O. use 19# injectors (Mustang, 91-93 Tbird, and Mark VII LSC's)

·
Registered
900 Posts
i know that, im looking to upgrade, and ive heard that some dont plug into the harness?? the same. if i found some 24# for a 5.0 would that fit in the 3.8?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts