TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 3.8L LX pretty cheap but everything I can find says it only has 140hp stock. I am just wondering if the car drags butt or if it still has some get up and go.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
its no speed demon but a good cruiser.... my car runs the best between 70-90 mph

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am probably going to go pick it up then. It is $500 and all it needs is a new tranny. So for about $1100-1200 I can have a T-Bird with only 40K miles on the new engine. The lady who owns it is old and LOADED, she wants $500 to pay for the tires she put on it 100 miles before the tranny went out.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Pretty slow. 17+ second car. That can be changed though with a power package. Hopefully, I'll get mine done sometime before spring. Oh yeah, great gas milage also. I get about 26 highway, even up and down mountains.

·
Registered
33 Posts
it's not a race car but very comfortable and gets good gas mileage the tranny can be very expencive so make sure you can get a good deal on one first. my trans was a $2700 rebuild but luckily i had a warranty. other then that $500 is a great deal if you get a trans for cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts