TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not an MN12, but My fiancee's '01 Mustang has been having issues lately. When it gets real cold (like below 30), it has a very hard time starting. It acts almost like it isn't getting fuel. She also says that the economy has dropped a few MPG. Could the fuel pump be the culprit? I hooked my PC up to the DLC, and watched the fuel pressure a few days ago. For the most part, it stayed within spec, although it did drop to about 34psi a few short times while we where driving along (spec is 35-50 KOER, 25-40 KOEO).
Also, what do you make of the plug in the picture below? It came from the #1 Cylinder, and #2 is similar, If I remember correctly.

Thanks

·
Administrator
8,246 Posts
The oil on the plug is probably coming from a leaky valve cover gasket.

Not the same vehicle, but I was having starting issues with the '97 Explorer and it turned out to be a bad IAC valve. It cranked to the point that it would turn over but wouldn't stay running. Just a thought, hope it helps.

Joe

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, no codes... It would be easier if there was a code or two...

racecougar said:
You're not getting any codes, are you? (The check engine light isn't on, is it?)

-Rod
I don't think the oil is from a leaky valve cover gasket, because it is on the inside. The plug seals with the head where it gets wider. The other thing I wos wondering about is the brownish color on the center of the plug. It is only on the side that is visable in the picture.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10W-30 Quaker state (The car is in the south for the winter), car has 55K, and the fuel filter was just changed less than 6 months ago...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts