TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...found on the CNJ Craigslist, if anyone is interested. I would have thought most were the 4.6L V8.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/ctd/3695924286.html

VIN:1FALP6241SH172429

Odometer:126736
Odometer Status:ACTUAL
Fuel Type:Gasoline
Cylinders:6 Cyl
Engine:3.8L V6 SFI NS
Transmission:Automatic
Drive Line Type:
Vehicle:Automobile
Body Style: 2 DOOR
Vehicle Class:Upper Midsize Specialty (car)
Series:LX
Exterior Color:GREEN
Interior Color:GRAY
Restraint System: Dual Front Air Bags/active Belts
Air Bags:2
Driver/Passenger:INTACT / INTACT
Features
Tape Deck:pRESENT

765 chancellor Ave
Irvington NJ 07111

941-421-2603
973-371-5101

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would have thought so too. I keep finding weird builds of T-Birds. Like a door I wanted for my T-Bird, I want to add keyless entry with the keypad. The car I found it on? A T-Bird with a standard 3.8L, with many features - Premium Sound (gutted), SATC, moonroof, and even the indicator light panel that showed Low washer/fuel/coolant.

My T-Bird had none of those :p

I suppose someone wanted the luxury, but with the V6 economy. Only way I'd take the V6 is if she had the supercharger with it ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have thought so too. I keep finding weird builds of T-Birds. Like a door I wanted for my T-Bird, I want to add keyless entry with the keypad. The car I found it on? A T-Bird with a standard 3.8L, with many features - Premium Sound (gutted), SATC, moonroof, and even the indicator light panel that showed Low washer/fuel/coolant.

My T-Bird had none of those :p

I suppose someone wanted the luxury, but with the V6 economy. Only way I'd take the V6 is if she had the supercharger with it ;)
Pretty neat, just goes to show that even as late as 1995 you could mix-and-match options to come up with a reasonably unique vehicle. I'd think that most V6 cars would not come with a moonroof or big stereo, though as you said - a buyer who wanted a few luxuries combined with fuel economy might purchase such a car. This 40th Anniv Bird doesn't appear to have a moonroof, either. Did you ever get your door?

So, the indicator light panel wasn't a standard feature? I have so much to learn about these cars!

·
Super Moderator
16,811 Posts
The indicator lights were standard in 94/5 Cougars but optional on Tbirds

FWIW the 40th isn't a factory package or option. Those graphics were installed post production onto any LX.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The indicator lights were standard in 94/5 Cougars but optional on Tbirds
Ahh, okay. Thank you for the clarification!

FWIW the 40th isn't a factory package or option. Those graphics were installed post production onto any LX.
My understanding (from the 40th Anniversary Registry) is that once off the production line that the 40th Anniv cars were sent directly to a subcontractor to have the "40th Anniversary" content installed, and then shipped to the dealerships. It was ordered "through" the factory but not actually done there, much like the factory-ordered Hurst Hatch T-Tops some cars were built with in the 1970s. I was just thinking that you would not see too many V6 cars with this option package.

·
Super Moderator
16,811 Posts
The subcontractors would have selected standard LXs for the treatment. There's nothing in the VIN or build sheets that indicate them being destined 40th anniversary cars so if a customer was bent on special ordering one, they'll get it. In my experience most of those dealer ordered "_______ edition" cars like the 40th, cloth top Cougars, ect. tend to be low option cars, usually the minimum preferred equipment package at best, to offset the added on $795 stripe package.

They certainly weren't like the 35th anniversary Tbirds or 20th, 25th and 30th anniversary Cougars though. Those were done at the factory with special paint colors, special interiors (trim, colors, seats), wheels and are all accounted for in the build sheets. The 40ths were afterthoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts