TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 SC and I took it to Ford a few weeks ago to get the Check Engine Light to go off and have it idle right again.....turns out I had a blown Computer.
Anyway Ford says that the exhaust system I have won't pass smog here in California because it only has two Cats and my car is supposed to have 3! I got the High Flow Cat-Back Exhaust System from the SuperCoupePerformance.com. Am I supposed to have a third Cat? Am I screwed? I only have two on my car right now. What should I do? Would my car pass smog with only two if the tech guy doesn't look under the car? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
VA Chapter Director
729 Posts
What do you have........

Do you have an auto or manual transmission. The 5-speeds had 3 cats but the Auto's only had 2. At least that is what I know according to my 1995 Ford CD Rom. If you have a manual you might have to add some sort of 3rd cat to pass any visual instpection. Or maybe you can tell them that your resanator is your third cat and try to fool them.

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
2 high flow cats, and a resonator oughta do it, which is what I have here in RI, and I passed the smog test, not sure if your smog test is tougher there. You might want to bring it to an inspection station and ask if they'll test it just to see how it is. It won't be free, but it shouldn't be too expensive, and at least you'll know for sure.
Good Luck,
-Jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might come down to me getting your Cat "BlackTbird96", If my car won't pass smog....I'll need another one!
And Yes Jason, I do have a 5 speed M5R2....I don't like the way it shifts most of the time, so I'm trying to do research on how to put the new Mustang Cobra's T-56 Six speed Tranny in it. I hope my car will pass smog without the Third Cat.....thanks for your help.

David.

·
8,239 Posts
If you don't like that 95 fivespeed, I'd be more than glad to take it off your hands. Emissions levels don't matter out here.

Let me know.

JH

95SC said:
It might come down to me getting your Cat "BlackTbird96", If my car won't pass smog....I'll need another one!
And Yes Jason, I do have a 5 speed M5R2....I don't like the way it shifts most of the time, so I'm trying to do research on how to put the new Mustang Cobra's T-56 Six speed Tranny in it. I hope my car will pass smog without the Third Cat.....thanks for your help.

David.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts