TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if you guys know alot about lighting, but youve got to check these thing out.

At walmart a buddy and I were gonna get a dinky spotlight so we can fish at night. We come upon like 4 different kinds between the sporting goods dept, and the automotive dept.

1million Vector
1million Coleman
2million Dohra
and a 3 million candle power monster!!!

Im not sure if there are any brighter ones out there, but this is the best ive seen.

This thing lit up the sky!!!!, it is so much brigher than my headlights.

I mean, who needs a fish finder when you can just shine this thing in the water and find them yourself.

Plus, its good for under the cover reading, The pages may burn though, :D !

Oh yea, this thing was only $19.88

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it is, On the way back we shined it at my buddys work place, From the car, There was a cop in the parking lot that was not susposed to be there, that probably got blinded, or wasnt looking, but got a good tan. Halagen bulb with a 12volt batt.

If it was illegal, they wouldnt sell it at walmart. I guess.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spotlights are super fun. My friend has a 3million CP and I've got a couple 1 million CPers. I love shining my friends with them, but they also have practical uses too. The biggest that I've seen was 3.5 Million candlepower

Matt

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
Haha you flashed a cop.
I will have to get one of these 3 million candle power lights. Wish I had one of those when a car full of girls rode past my buddy and I awhile back and flashed us at night (there was some light to see them do it, but could've used more).

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
AEDM8 said:
No I meant shining a light in the water while you are fishing....I swear i heard that somewhere.
It's probably illegal, or at least unethical. Not quite like sending massive bursts of electricity through the water or dropping sticks of dynamite though.

Down South they use a submerged light, which attracts bait fish, which attracts the fish they're fishing.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
It's not illegal at all. How else are you suppose to bowfish? Yes, we do that here in Louisiana. It's awesome.

Pete

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IronChopz said:
Ten Million Candlepower.

I may have to save up to get one....heh heh.
`

INSANE H4 bulb!!!! Mines on its way, Paypal is great. Ill let you know how good it is.

Tonight we were playing around with them ( my buddy got one at 5am this morning before work.

Fun things to do with spotlights:

Play swords
Cut out pictures to project (it works great with construction paper).
Making some one aware they have thier brights on.
Find cops quicker, Also fun to play tag with them when they are in a parking lot getting people in a speed trap, while you are across the interstate in your buddies apartment building( yes, it can reach that far, and farther).

I would have to say the only downfall is the charge time: you charge it for 20hrs ac, or 12 dc(from car) you only get a run time of 30 min.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
BIG PETE said:
It's not illegal at all. How else are you suppose to bowfish? Yes, we do that here in Louisiana. It's awesome.

Pete
I know for a fact that it isnt, bridge tenant at Dulac Pontoon bridge had one hanging for yrs. The game wardens would come over all the time to check for "bush" fish and liscenses. The reds would be there all the time. It came to an end when some tool stole some cable and other stuff from the bridge.

·
Registered
793 Posts
93sleeper said:
`

When doing about a buck twenty and sending 10 million Candlelights into the chasing cops eyes.
:ztoohot:
Sideoiler

Play swords
Cut out pictures to project (it works great with construction paper).
Making some one aware they have thier brights on.
Find cops quicker, Also fun to play tag with them when they are in a parking lot getting people in a speed trap, while you are across the interstate in your buddies apartment building( yes, it can reach that far, and farther).

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have that 10 million one bought it at northern almost a year ago...Brighest light ive ever seen in my life! If u got any questions just let me know..!

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I'm thinking I won't be heading straight for Indiana if I'm ever looking for interesting night life, eh?

"What do you guys do for fun at night around here?"

"Well... we could play with spot lights..."

:D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Josh_Keady said:
I'm thinking I won't be heading straight for Indiana if I'm ever looking for interesting night life, eh?
Heck no, when I was 20?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fun things to do in Indiana:

Umm, uhh.

Pretty much our only choices are:

Fishing
Pool
Movie
Bdubs
and uhh, thats about it.

You can go up to Indy on weekends and see ricers galore. There really isnt anything fun to do unless youve got rec equip. (atv, jet ski/boat, 4x4(or eagle talon tsi, lol).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts