TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have found a deal on some "used" (new) 305/30/18 tires for the rear...as far ask I know the rear fenders are rolled...is thre anything which will prevent these wheels from fitting in the rear? What will they rub on, if anything? I have an 18x10 rear wheel...thanks

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
What is the offset or backspacing on your wheels? You will need to tuck them in as far as possible, and make sure the e-brake cable is tied off tightly to the stab. bar to avoid interference there. What brand of tires are they? Different brands and models will have different overall actual dimensions.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
32 Posts
used 18"

look at the dot code # before buying - just because the tread is good does not
mean the tire is too soft (also put a few drops of white gas on the tread, if it
rainbows like oil on water, they have been cooked to the point all the oil has
come to the surface) - press into thge rubber with a key, if it leaves no impression
the rubber is too hard for decent traction. there is generally a reason for pulling off
good tires. tire baron

·
Banned
198 Posts
Also Some States Have The 5 Year Law

look at the dot code # before buying - just because the tread is good does not
mean the tire is too soft (also put a few drops of white gas on the tread, if it
rainbows like oil on water, they have been cooked to the point all the oil has
come to the surface) - press into thge rubber with a key, if it leaves no impression
the rubber is too hard for decent traction. there is generally a reason for pulling off
good tires. tire baron
PA IS ONE :eek:NO TIRE OVER 5 YEARS IS ALLOWED TO BE USED:mad: YOU MUST BUY NEW NOES MATTER HOW GOOD THEY LOOK !!!!!:( TRUST ME BE THEY DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO READ THE CODES FOR THE YEAR ????:cool:

·
Registered
623 Posts
1002 is a tire made in the tenth week of 2002

196 is a tire made in the nineteenth week of 1996 (or 1986 if it's really old)

For awhile the code was only three digits. Now it is 4 digits.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
You will need to tuck them in as far as possible, and make sure the e-brake cable is tied off tightly to the stab. bar to avoid interference there.
Ha I had to tie mine off tightly with some insulated clamps to the Lower Control arm to keep them out of my 10 inch wide wheels with my 275's on teh back. You better hope you have some very deep offset earl. I've got 18x10 with an offset of 46mm and my 275 tires sit almost even with the upper fender back there. THey poke out the back since the rear bumper is kinda sunk in back there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts