TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the slimest wheel you can run with these...someone told me fan wheels but i kno thats insane and dangerous

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not mine....but yeah....so basiclaly shoot for like a 12" wide rim.....id figure around there

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
12" rims will not fit in the rear. 10.5 is the biggest I've seen fit and they stuck out an inch from the fender.
-Thomas

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Why would you mount a 10.5 inch tire on a 12 inch rim?

If you got the 30" tall tire to fit on your car, you are going to want like 4.30's in the back to offset the gear ratio change and get to a gear that would be desireable with a tire of a regular height.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4.10s are already there....its not my tire choice..but i was just curious...i would have shot for 26x10 DRs....but thats me

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I just went straight for slicks, but got a 26 x 8. 10 inch wide is too much for the stock wheel and they actually recommended a 5.5" wheel for the 8 " slicks.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a good size then...for when i get slicks...i thought they were to big also...i know they wont fit under a bird....do they have a 26x9 slck....like..the best size for that would be 6.5 witch is the fan wheel....and there not to heavy for a wheel at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts