TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos running about 350 flywheel horse power and what kinda 1/4 times and speeds are you getting just curoiuse

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
im 300 at the fly and running 14.8 HP isnt everything.. my convertor is still stock :)

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Mine should be about 350 flywheel.

·
Registered
456 Posts
All the HP in the world is useless without a good chassis, traction, and limited weight.
HP increase does not always equal ET improvements.

I've seen guy spend thousands of dollars on HP parts, only to run slower, or the same.

get it to the ground, and you'll really feel it.

The Mark VIII is "rated" at 280 hp. if you line up a mark VIII, with another car that has 280 flwheel hp, whoever makes the best use of that HP is going to run the better ET.

Find out what causes HP drag/loss, and you can go faster with less power.

HP killers?
weight
drag
reciprocating mass
friction
chassis flex
slippage/traction

...there's plenty more.

You can play with this if you want....but it isnt very accurate at all. Just calculate a loss of at least 20% loss of HP to the rear wheels. In the case of 350 flywheel HP, if it was a A/T car, you could use a estimated HP of 280(just an example)
http://www.team3rdgen.com/modules.php?name=Dyno

according to its answers, I am making over 246 RWHP in my 4150 lb car.
I WISH!!!

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Uh yeah that calculator is bad. It says I have 73 more RWHP than I actually do, and then says I should run over a second slower and 7 MPH less than I actually do.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea its definitly way off. i put in my info (3972 lbs and 100.02 mph) it says i got 310 rwhp. never been on a dyno but i doubt i've got more than 250 rwhp.

frank

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
I've got somewhere in that ballpark with my 3.60 pulley...maybe a bit closer to 380. I haven't dyno'ed yet to see exactly where I'm at with that pulley.

I have seen 104mph on stock tires in the 1/4. I finally got 15" drag radials so I should see a little better performance next summer if the car is still around. I ran a 13.53 letting off the throttle a bit twice and spinning off the line a tad. Once these BFG's are used up I'll be on a slick.

I need to take the car out with tires and make some passes to get used to the power. My 178hp car was much different.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The HP calculator is probably close. It says I have about 220rwhp. I don't think I have that though, probably close to 200.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
LOL..that thing is a joke..
says I had 322 rwhp when i made the 12.98 pass...I know for certain that it was only 254.
JL

·
Registered
456 Posts
it truely is one of the worst HP online facoring proggies I have ever seen.

My buddy's 70 Camaro has 975, according to that thing....he really only has about 780

sorry I even posted it...I guess it is more of a joke, than a guide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts