TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 351W from a '69 work? It'll be from a 1969 Cougar...I just wanna make sure it'll work before I go and buy it...Please help me.. only have a week left to make up my mind...Thanx

Wes

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i believe so, but im only posting so it can get more attention at the top of the forum... for the peopel who realyl know can see it. -greg

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Might get more attention over here.

I would check to make sure that you can put an older engine in a newer car. Some states are picky about that.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The engine will fit like any other year 351, BUT since it is not a engine made for hyd roller cams, the std cams for late model FI engines will not work without special kits for it. The other thing is the accessory hook up, like your serpentine belt system. If you are going to run it carburated like me, then the cam, and all that have no effect. It all depends if you have emission testing in your state. Mine is a weekend play toy, and the only thing on the front of mine is the Alternator and PS pump. You can put a late model timing cover, but depends which one if you want serpentine belt, and carburetor fuel pump mount on it. You will need a Fox body Mustang 351 conversion oil pan for it, or do a lot of hammering of the rear sump one on the 351s to clear the K member. Shimming the motor mounts will give you needed clearance to use 1979-93 MAC Mustang automatic longtube headers, by running the steering shaft between the space of 1-2 and 3-4 primaries.

If you are going to do it with FI, I would find a latter model from a truck that has a roller block, and serpentine belt front end. Good luck..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts