TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post the names of all the guys who have done the 351 swap in the mn-12 platform. I have a '95 cougar, and would like to perform this, however- I'd like to contact those who've already done it. I have very few questions, so don't be affraid to contact me with you names.

Thanks,
nik

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey man,

I would have to say talk to _95BadBird he had a 4.6 and swap for a 408 (351 stroker) he should be able to help. Some thing to keep in mind is if you are going to go EFI or carb. His is carb. Hope it helps and works out, I am doing a Kenne Bell 347 at .030 over so a 351 without the 351 block in my 96.

Good luck

Justin

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
You should start with a 5.0L T-Bird to do the 351W swap (IE: 93 & older). They will bolt up to the transmission with other changes...

Besides it is illegal in some states to install an older engine in a newer car. So the swap in a newer car like the 95 will require a newer 351 EFI engine and that will not be easy in a 95.

If you have a 4.6L you are better off getting an Allen SC kit and/ or a PI motor.

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. Sorry I haven't respomded in a couple weeks, I've been quite busy.

My goal:
I'd like to swap my 4.6 for a carburated 351w this summer and the summer of '07. The project seems to be pricey, so I'm alloting a significant amount of time to complete it. My biggest questions are around weather or not there is room for headers, how to access the firewall issue (size) and weather or not I should go efi aor carb. I'm curious if I will need a new wiring harness or if I will be bi-passing all the original electronics. And finally, weather or not I can use a 4r70w trans or if I need the old school trans that came with a 351.

If the article posted above answers these questions, I'm sure I'll find out. I haven't read it yet, but I'll read it soon. Thanks for posting and offering support.

nik

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
well and late to early wiring mess , dont leave that out

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
good luck on the swap.
Its fun.
Also look up 392bird.
He has done the swap as well, and has a very good article on what he has done to the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts