TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting all the parts to get my 351W project going.

I am using my 92SC for this. The 351W I am using is from a 1990 F250 and came with a C6. What I want to know is, how can I get my AOD that is freshly race built (3.8LSC blew up before I could install it) to bolt up to the 351W.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jean

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
I am in the process of getting all the parts to get my 351W project going.

I am using my 92SC for this. The 351W I am using is from a 1990 F250 and came with a C6. What I want to know is, how can I get my AOD that is freshly race built (3.8LSC blew up before I could install it) to bolt up to the 351W.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jean
It should just bolt up. The AOD was setup for that bolt pattern.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about flexplates? Torque Converters and what not? Is anything needed to make it work? Or is it just bolt up and go?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Trany's

Hello

The 92 Thunderbird comes with a AOD. You will have to use the Flexplate that came with the 351W. Due to the Weight (balance) differences. They are all the same size but the balance varies.
302HO (5.0) uses a 50oz. balance from 1980 up
302 (pre 80) uses a 28.8oz. balance
351W (5.8) uses a 28.8oz. balance to 93?
not sure about the 94up roller 351W.

They all use the same bell-housing pattern.

I have had both 302 & 351W in my T-bird. Also Aod,FMX,C4 & 4r70w trany's in my car. well the 4R70W is new this season. As this is a Circle track Car.

Paul

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you decided against the C6....
I'm gettind rid of mine for a C4.
Well, I have a fully built AOD that I never got that chance to use. If it fails, I'll use the C6 I have lying around. What Torque Converter do I use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.