TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Holy ****.. that would fool me if I met it on the street, providing he didn't have some fat rubber outback. Maybe seeing the rest of the car I would think it's got something - but I wouldn't expect twin turbo.

Wow

-Andy "Melon"

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, and another guy who goes by _J_ on v6p is starting a tt project with two garret t3's, which is what I had in mind for my project later on. I've also been considering a t3/t4 hybrid since my block will be built to handle something like that, but I dont know yet. Times are a changin and the v6ers are starting to get some respect :)
-Thomas

·
Registered
241 Posts
Some people will never respect V6 performance unless it has a Buick nameplate on it, or is a FWD SC car.

Those people are weird.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I read last night that he has a scavenge pump on it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
cougarman said:
That motor looks great. :) Just one question, couldn't really tell, but how do the oil drains on the turbos work being that low? Not a critisim, just curious. :)

From the webpage link:

Because the turbos are mounted so low I have to use an oil scavenge pump. Its double rubber insulated so no vibraton is transmitted through the body. The pump cost about $200, its a shurflo pump with upgraded seals to handle oil and the higher temps.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
that would also be SO easy to do on an MN-12.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I take it you won't be sporting a blower at MCS this year Ranch?

·
Registered
241 Posts
rancherlee said:
that would also be SO easy to do on an MN-12.
Do it and get back to me with results. NOW. plz

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Id thought about doing my setup underneath like that but with the size of turbos that I want to use I dont think it would be possible, but I think I have a good location in mind that wont be too visible.
-Thomas

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Thomas said:
Id thought about doing my setup underneath like that but with the size of turbos that I want to use I dont think it would be possible, but I think I have a good location in mind that wont be too visible.
-Thomas
i agree, there isn't much room and for the work and effort of putting two small turbos instead of two larger ones, i just wouldn't do it.

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well he had a previous twin turbo kit utilizing two t-25's and that pushed him into the 11's on a stock motor, so Im pretty excited to see what this one will run. I believe he's still got a stock motor there, better turbo setup now. Its amazing what potential they have with twins.
-Thomas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts