TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wing so I do not have the 3rd brake light in the back window./ My question is I want to run a Blue light of some sort to match my interior and this light turning on with my rear brake light would be ok, is the car prewired to the spot?? Anybody know if the wires are there? Thanks

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,300 Posts
I added the rear spoiler to mine last year and eliminated the rear deck light inside. I'm not sure if the wiring to where the 3rd light should be there if you have a factory spoiler, but mine had the wiring for the spoiler on the trunk lid even though I didn't have it. Look around, it might be there. It would run along right under where the rear deck light should be. Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Rodeo Joe said:
I added the rear spoiler to mine last year and eliminated the rear deck light inside.

Joe
Damn. Thought I was innovative when I did it about a month ago.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Brake wiring...

I installed the spoiler to my 96 and the spoiler wiring runs down the left side of the trunk.If you dont have the spoiler it runs right below the third brake light and accross to the drivers side.I left my third brake light there but just unplugged it and then plugged on the factory spoiler wiring into the fatory plug.It was really simple but I was using all factory plug ins.But the brake wires run down the left side of the trunk lid and the drivers side of the car.
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts