TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is something that I looked for, for a while, and couldn't find any really solid findings on removing all the stock exhaust components from the 2 primary cats back. I had wanted to get a more gutsy feeling and sound from my 5.0, but hadn't until now been brave enough to just start chopping away. I had already removed the two rear mufflers and replaced them with a side exit setup behind the rear wheels. I love the sound, but it had a slight resonant drone to it. So this week I had the local shop chop off the 3rd cat and resonator and just weld in a Y pipe in their place. Sounds 10 times better! I still need to finish my side exit, but the drone dropped off, and it sounds like a monster when you put your foot to it. I'm going to submit a sound clip for the archives here soon. I want to make sure I use my best microphone on it so it gives an accurate feel. So just for those looking, I've done it, I love it, and for $50, I can't beat it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here in Indiana, we don't have inspections of any kind, so we get off easy, for now. I had almost considered having a mid-mount installed, but this way was cheaper, and I wanted to see what it sounded like anyway. I'm still surprised everytime I gun it and hear that tone.

I swear it made my car faster :) j/k

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does sound awesome. I know that there are other setups with true duals that would probably blow mine out of the water, but I love it compared to stock tones. I am going to try to get some pics tonight since I didn't get them last night. My setup in the back is the last finishing project. They side exit behind the back tires, but they need a little bit of a bend to be able to come out even. I'll get some good stuff up soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts