TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my 3rd set of wires in 5 months..... Bosh wires from AutoZone..... Has anyone had this problems??
But of course if they are lifetime i will just keep taking them back...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hmm. The ford OEM's are good. I use the MSD's currently and so far no problems. The MSD's are supposed to increase the spark and thus increase horsepower, but i really couldn't tell the difference. I mostly got them because they look a little more visually pleasing...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have autolites from advance and I have had no problems (had to replace them once cause my intake was leaking and ruined the wires, not the wires fault though) What I did was wrap them in wire coils. Protects them better. I did have advance brands on for a while but it seems that normal engine heat broke them down, not strong at all. Id try first to put wire coils over them, and make sure the bare wires arent touching the alternator. Use wire spacers so they dont touch.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wire coils???? What exactily are you refering to?? The seprators are still there...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Wire covers, i dunno I cant think of the name right now, I havent slept for 2 days because of work. Heres a pic of what im talking about, taken when i switched over to the PI intake.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I had the same problem with their duracrap wires

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats the problem?? Do they just break down that fast??

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
on a 4.6 use motorsport or stk ford only

·
Registered
184 Posts
Carbon core verses stainless core.

Original plug wires, as well as low priced aftermarket wires ,are usually just a thin carbon-aramid fiber core. They work good as long as they are not near heat, which makes them brittle, which allows several actual breaks within the silicone core,which you cannot see, which permit various missfires to occure.
The stainless coil-wrapped around a carbon core work the best (MSD,etc), and they usually have better silicone insulation,which makes them less sensitive to heat,which allows for a near forever life,which makes the higher price actually cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'll stand by that I have a set of MSD's on my 95 that have been on the car since 97 still going strong no issues. Paid like 80 bucks at Advance get a set for the 96-98 Mustang GT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts