TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks to dirtydog, the 4.30s are finally in. :cool:

I took the opportunity of access to the lift to install front suspension braces...

and new brakes.

It was not without incident however. After 2 rounds of breaking in the new gears, I proceeded on the long trek home. About 50 miles out a terrible vibration started from the rear. Nursing the ailing car back to the shop, I was convinced it wasn't the new gears but perhaps a failing wheel bearing. Once finally back to the shop, it didn't take long to find the culprit. Apparently one of the rear rotors was not drilled/chamfered properly not allowing the rotor to seat on the hub! As a matter of fact, the wheel studs were forced slightly back from mounting the tire and two had broken from the stress. After chamfering the rotor backside for clearance and installing new studs, the brake assembly was replaced and the wheel installed without any problems.

Thanks Alan! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
You are most certainly welcome, I'm sorry john's head got in that last pic :eek:

The car was a pleasure to work with as you to deal with. Most people would have become frustrated with the first incident having Summit send me the wrong spline and me not paying enough attention to check it. You can bet I'll be checking them immediately from now on. Have you checked to see how well it connects both wheels yet? That setup doesn't make sense to me as to how it drives both wheels,when obviously on the lift it acts like a open differential.
Thanks John
Alan

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like the setup in the rear end. It looks like it will be super strong!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The somehow is what baffles me. The sidegear is essentially a sun gear and the planetary gears connect to it,but from there they connect to nothing, just doesn't make sense to me.
Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts