TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seach didn't turn up too much useful info...

I want to know the pros and cons of 4.30's

Does anyone currently have them INSTALLED(rich)?

I have 3.73's now and I wish I had gone higher, so I am going to...

I am debating 4.30's over 4.10's.

I WILL have a MMC DS and around a 4000 stall TC

Call will be mostly weekend/track/meet car, but will obviously include some highway driving.

What will my limitations be

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I think JL is running 4.30s. with 4.30s and a 4000 stall you cant go wrong.. ill be doing the same just with 3.73s so if you can wait a little while ill let ya know how it is..

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I think Cougie is running 3.73's...

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Well Dave..ask youself this...are you going to stay NA or are you going to add a power adder later on,and how much power are you planning on adding?
If you're gonna for sure add a SC down the road,and plan on spinning it up to make alot of power-then stay away from 4.30's.I'd say 3.73's or even a 3.55 for a serious SC setup that relies on the compressor to make the power.Now,so a N2O car-you might be able to get away with a set of 4.30's,but you're likely to be up close to the rpm limit at the traps.
It all depends on the intended application.
JL

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
I am assuming I should wait on the gears until I have the setup completed?
Exactly.
JL

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
SilverFox said:
pLEASE NOTE:
Running 4r70W internals vs AOD gear ratios will present quite a differnt effect from each other. Might keep this in mind if 5.0 guys chime in with AOD's.........In first gear 4R internals makes 4.10 feel like 4.80's!
Only in 1st and second, 3rd gear is the same 1:1 ratio, OD is slightly different ,but not enough to cause a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts