TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was messing around at my work when i worked at autozone and i decided to pull the front rotors from a stang and our cars and noticed that all i had to do was change the hub for the front to get the bolt patter but if i was to find a bird with disc ar the bone yard and change the wheel bearing is it the same thing or would i need to change the caliper and stuff to make it work. i have read the direction on her but i am kinda unclear on them so does anyone know if the rotors are the same size like the front ones were

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL There is an entire "how to" write up on swapping the T-bird hubs (front and rear) for Mustang hubs to utize the Mustang bolt pattern. Its in the tech section.

Edit: http://members.tccoa.com/dlf/Article.html

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ok, having read that long sentence more carefully, I have to ask.........

Just what is it your asking again? I don't think I quite answered your question.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
you have a few options for the rear. You can either redrill the OE hub and have new studs pressed in and retain the OEM rotors, or run 99 Cobra hubs and bearings - 99 Only, the 01 cars are 31 spline and have the rotor hat redrilled to match.

The same goes for the front, either have the OEM rotors redrilled and run a mustang wheel, or do a complete mustang or Cobra front brake upgrade.

·
Registered
366 Posts
you have a few options for the rear. You can either redrill the OE hub and have new studs pressed in and retain the OEM rotors, or run 99 Cobra hubs and bearings - 99 Only, the 01 cars are 31 spline and have the rotor hat redrilled to match.

The same goes for the front, either have the OEM rotors redrilled and run a mustang wheel, or do a complete mustang or Cobra front brake upgrade.
all cobra hubs are 28 spline and the other end of the the axle that slides in the differential is 31 spline so any year cobra rear hub will work. on the front just buy mustang rotors, hubs and reuse your calipers.on the back redrill t-bird rotors to new bolt pattern along with cobra hubs, good time to change bearings while you're pressing out the old hubs and pressing in the new ones. one of the best mods i've done to my car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have alot to do anyways cause i have drum brakes in the back right now. so thats why i was aking if it would just be easier to try and hunt down a cobra somehwhere cause i know it will be hard and steel everything off of the back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.