TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my new plans.I have a 94 Mark VIII short block,and I want to use 94-98 2 cam heads to keep the compression lower,99 GT cams and the 99 GT intake.I plan on using a Vortech later so that is why I want to keep the compression lower then I would get with the 99 and up PI heads.Of course I am going to have an 88 MAF and chip along with the DIS 4.A 5-seed along with 4:10 gears and true dual exhaust.
How do you think this would run?Let me know and if you have any suggestions.
Thank You,
Chris

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why not go with the 32v heads?

You do know that 96-98 heads have different ports than 99and up heads. Thus the 96-98 heads wouldn't match the 99 intake.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right....

Thanks for the correction.I knew that the 99 intake is different and I still ask,duh.I also have the 32 valve heads but I just wanted to keep it sorta simple I guess.I guess I will be looking for 99 heads now to.I guess I could run a thicker head gasket to keep the compression ratio down so I can put a little bit more boost on it or I could just run the Mark block,old heads and intake with 99 cams,huh?Just a thought I have been kicking around.My goal is either a Vortech or Kenne Bell now,not sure yet.
Thanks,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts