TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one had any sound clips of cams idleing or just any type of clips to hear the way they sound? Please post some..
thanks,
drty

·
Registered
268 Posts
Check out modular depot and do a search on cams. Stage 1 VT cams sound great but stage 2 sound just sick :D. As Jim from VT told me go stage 2 if you can deal with changing springs. I ordered stage 2's :diablo:

DirtySouth said:
I was wondering if any one had any sound clips of cams idleing or just any type of clips to hear the way they sound? Please post some..
thanks,
drty

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Heavy Metal said:
Check out modular depot and do a search on cams. Stage 1 VT cams sound great but stage 2 sound just sick :D. As Jim from VT told me go stage 2 if you can deal with changing springs. I ordered stage 2's :diablo:
and these are going in your '95 heads?....i thought you couldn't run that much lift even w/ springs?? :zdunno:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Negative on the 95 heads...

01 Exploder. If you are talking a 95 that may be. My 95 engine has been a boat anchor for 3 years. I have had my 01 Romeo in between the fenders for a long time. If you are commenting on late model heads that isn't correct. Late model heads take the lift all day long with a spring swap (stage2) Stage1 cams get by with a cam swap. I have researched this area for the past year and I'm ready to enjoy this car more.

Sometime in the late fall I will install the nozzle kit from NOS. Then that beotch will be great to play with.

guitar maestro said:
and these are going in your '95 heads?....i thought you couldn't run that much lift even w/ springs?? :zdunno:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Its a work in progress, the engine is put together but the exhaust is not. I'm waiting on downtubes, so right now its just the headers.

Because it is so loud, my camera cant catch the "lope" sound - its really much better than the clip sounds.

I'll let you all know on the number in about a month or so when its all done.

-Andrey

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
DirtySouth said:
thanks,
drty
Here's one of my car when I first got it together:
right click..save as
JL

·
3,232 Posts
KrAzyT said:
Hey JL sounds great!!!
Those cams are for sale too :)
JL

·
3,232 Posts
Nope,No clips at speed-just a WOT run with it short-shifting,and it's poor quality anyway.Yep-they're the 268H,custom ground more suited for N/A.
JL

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
If anybody can host a vid for me, I got a clip from this weekend.

Pete

1 - 20 of 20 Posts