TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on rebuilding a 4.6 that I have sitting in the shop. My question is: Is there any sort of market for 4.6 cores, in other words.... can I get some cash back to help with the swap by selling my old 4.6 as a core? If so how much is average?

Second, when I rebuild the new motor I would like to but PI cams in it...just for giggles. I have a cam alignment tool but do I also need the crank alignment tool to do the swap correctly?

Thank you for your time,

Jonathan

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed it wouldn't be much. But is it more than it sitting in the coner of a shop with others, knowing it will never be used again?? Nor do I have a need for a boat anchor!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I need the crank alignment tool to put the PI cams in? If I have all the tools its a direct swap correct??

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
for a 'basic' alignment of the PI cams, you have to line up the marks on the timing chains to the dimples on the cam gears with the crank keyway at 10:30....there are tons of tutorials online on how to time the cams this way

now if you want to be very precise and degree the cams with respect to each other and the crank, then you need a plethora of stuff to make it happen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts