TCCoA Forums banner

4.6 dog

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  mark r jackson 
#1 ·
I have 120000 miles on my car ,I have always pulled all the maint. Its kinda slowin down, just changed the plugs ,wires and fule filter. how can I get some pep back?

#4 ·
+1 :thumbsup: .. just hope no one is parked behind you when you do this hehe. trust me youll find out why when(if) you do it..

#5 ·
Wait for the valve seals to start leaking and swap in a PI motor :D

The other suggestions should also be done. Seafoam will clean out the junk that has built up over the 120K miles and restore some pep.

Have you changed the PCV valve? Cleaned the EGR passages? Have you changed the trans. fluid/filter lately?

Might also want to check for vac leaks as they are prone to show up after that many miles. I know the T-fitting on my 95 didn't make it past 87K before it cracked. Should be on the pass. side back area of the manifold IIRC.

Jay

#8 · (Edited)
if you want to foul up the plugs then go ahead... easiest way to do it is with 2 people.. one holding the go pedal steady and you pouring the stuff directly into your throttle body.. of it you have big hands and can multi task well you can hold the funnel, pour the seafoam and feather the throttle all at once like i did lol that was hard.. next time ill have someone help me lol but i think its like.. 1/2 of a pint if you pour it directly into the t/b its on the back of the can:rolleyes:... lmao. let it run for a second after youve got all of what you need poured in, shut it off for 5 minutes and then start and let it idle for 20-25 minutes.. then test drive and be amazed..

#9 ·
instructions

# 1With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time.

#2 Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint into oil crank case to clean rings, lifters, dirty parts and remove moisture.

#3 Pour 1/3 to 1 full pint into fuel tank to clean injectors, carburetor jets, fuel lines and remove moisture.

#4 Immediate Results: Smoother idle, increased R.P.M.'s better throttle response and improved performance. See label on can for detailed results for use in each area.

found here.. >> http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

#11 ·
If you use search, you find...

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=38760

I searched "+Seafoam +how +Brake" in the search box, with 41 threads.

2 main tips:

Don't hydrolock the engine by dumping a bunch in! Best case, that will damage the head gaskets. That said, finishing up with just enough to kill the engine, before letting it sit for 15 minutes, works Very well; and will kill insects for a good area. (lol...if you do it right, you'll know what I mean. :D )

Use the booster line; If you use the wrong line it will run down the inlet tube and saturate your air filter, and not into the intake.

I use this every time I do an oil change on the Red car, and it keeps helping. I also add about 1/2 can to the oil the last drive before an oil change...the oil looks incredible dirty when it comes out, but it stays clean longer each time between changes.

Seafoam also make a great cleaning fluid for getting Quaker State crud out of an engine you're working on...:rolleyes:

#16 ·
vac line goin in to the power brake booster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.