TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to throw the cobra intake onto my mark motor when it goes into the tbird. What all do I need besides the upper/lower plenums, throttle body, and maf to make it work? My plan is to build up the mark motor, throw the intake on it, then supercharge with an intercooled kit. Headers will happen and whatever cam shafts are appropriate to maximum hp and still run off of either premium or e85.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
What all do I need besides the upper/lower plenums, throttle body, and maf to make it work?
Fuel rails, adapter fittings, EGR delete are some of what you need. You'll find out most of the work is all the "little" details.

Once the wiring harness was modified and the intake was in place, the plumbing and various sensor relocation took the most time and effort.

·
Banned
575 Posts
That lincoln logo on the cobra intake is sweeeet.
I love the cobra lincoln logos too. There a nice little touch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The thread below has a lot of pics and info.

Im not sure what you'l run into as far as fruise/ throttle cables in you TBird, but hopefully either the lincoln parts or the original tbird parts will work. I recently picked up a set of cobra b heads for the intake cames and a cobra intake. I believe you should try to keep the egr, but many have struggled to mate the cobra rgr tube to the lincoln tube and manifold.

I agree that black cobra intake with the lincoln logo looks great. How much did it help the hp?

The Mark VIII Forum - Viewing topic #58038 - COBRA INTAKE SWAP!!!!!!! Beginning.....

·
The Parts Guy
7,338 Posts
If fuel mileage is actually a major concern, it could be worth the effort to retain EGR functionality. I expect that to many of us here though, the 1-2 MPG difference in part throttle economy isn't worth the hassle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts