TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here swapped a 4.6 from greenleafauto.com? I am really considering buying an explorer motor from them. I notice some say "grade A part with 1000 miles" So, is that accurate? Does it really have 1000 miles? Are all accesories & wiring harness included?

Thanks!!

Earl

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I got mine from Greenleaf back in 2004. Mine said "less than 10K miles". Indeed, it looked practically brand new. Some of the aluminum had that white stuff on it so I figure it sat for a little while, but other than that it was very clean inside and out.
I seem to recall hearing that when they state "1000 miles" they don't know the actual mileage.
Mine came with the complete motor wiring harness, intake tube and all front accesories (even the fan) excluding the A/C compressor. You don't want to use the Explorer harness but you want the connectors from it since some of the plugs are different. Just cut the connectors from the harness and splice into the T-bird harness.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Yeah, if it says 1000 miles you can count on it not having anything near that. Count on a LOT more than 1000 miles on it actually.

Darrin

·
Registered
455 Posts
my SECOND motor was an 04 gt motor from there. went in person to pick it up on the northside of chicago, they had it all prepped and ready when i called ahead. lasted about 10,000 miles before the rear main bearing went out %^&*!!!!!! oh, i also got the one year warranty with it, it blew after 15 months......you can buy as many years as you want, but they do not cover your time or labor for pulling and installing.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I got my PI motor from Greenleaf about four years ago. It was listed as 1 or 1000 miles... No clue how many miles it REALLY had, but it looked CLEAN (the intake ports had virtually zero buildup), and the cams had zero visible wear (the cams on the 95 motor had obvious "wear tracks" from the rollers).

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
You could possibly find a brand new engine .. but I wouldnt count on it unless you can see it in person. Lower miles usually tend to cost more $
I picked up an 03 Explorer with 23k miles from LKQ, thing was VERY clean - ran a Carfax on it because the VIN number was available, car was wrecked in 04 .. so, everything seemed fine good to me so I bought it.

Didnt come with Alternator, Power steering pump or AC compressor .. but I got all the usual junk with it, Fan, wiring harness, COP's, useless Intake manifold and tube, etc .. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
anytime you buy from a junkyard oh I mean a salvage yard you take a chance on the part. doesn't matter on many mile are on the clock. It could of been a roll over that ran for a minute or two up side down who knows.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
When I was thinking about doing mine I talked to a guy at greenleaf and he told me some of the engines came from cars that were either damaged during shipping, or were promo vehicles. Since greenleaf is considered an "Auto Recycler", Its a tax write off for the value of that vehicle for ford.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Earl they have a GT 2000 PI engine for around $1000 it has 86k , its right by my house, If your interested I can pm you with the information. I know its not the aluminum block. Just let me know they have put it on hold for me, maybe they still have it, you could call on Monday if you want.

Tommy
________

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Earl they have a GT 2000 PI engine for around $1000 it has 86k , its right by my house, If your interested I can pm you with the information. I know its not the aluminum block. Just let me know they have put it on hold for me, maybe they still have it, you could call on Monday if you want.

Tommy
Yeah I'm interested....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts