TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know some people put in the PI motors from explorers and mounts, how about the new 3V 292 HP explorer motor does that go in the MN-12s as easy? im sure its still too new for many to have them in if they even fit but would this be a lot better then the other motors?

·
8,239 Posts
Your not going to get a 3v to work without alot of $$$.

The 2v motor runs quite well with the stock 95 4.6L eec.

·
5,650 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the 3V has a drive-by-wire setup meaning that there's no throttle cable. You'd have to rig up some kind of sensor on the pedal or convert it to a mechanical throttle linkage, but as JustinH said, it's gonna be a lot of $$$. And that's just one of probably many things to deal with.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
More than the drive by wire the 3 valve uses variable valve timing and the 95 EEC won't be able to control that. In theory it would require using the complete explorer harness and EEC

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
timb said:
More than the drive by wire the 3 valve uses variable valve timing and the 95 EEC won't be able to control that. In theory it would require using the complete explorer harness and EEC
Which would also mean a 5R55 or some sort of standalone controller...it's a vicious circle...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think I read somewhere that there may be a way to lock the valves in a certain timing position for just this purpose, but then your ether going to loss power on the bottom end, or on the top end of the powerband.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
master486 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the 3V has a drive-by-wire setup meaning that there's no throttle cable. You'd have to rig up some kind of sensor on the pedal or convert it to a mechanical throttle linkage, but as JustinH said, it's gonna be a lot of $$$. And that's just one of probably many things to deal with.
My 04 2v explorer motor had a Fly by wire setup and all i did was swap over to the 96 style plenum.
A 3v swap whould be doable but like Justinh said it whouldn't be without alot of Benjamins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts