TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have visited this forum looking for some info on longtube headers for my 97 thunderbird 4.6 and haven't really found a solution. I don't have the money to spend( $600 to $700) on headers but I do have the skill to tweak a mustang header if it might work. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,528 Posts
Basically you just have to buy some and see how close they come. When I put the 393 in my 91 cougar, I bought one set, and there was just no way to make them fit, then the second set I bought was close enough that I could make them work. I bought both sets used off ebay, so they only cost me $100 for the first set and $125 for the second. Once I had the second set installed, I put the first set back up on ebay, and I think I got $85 for them, so I was only really out the $15 plus shipping. I would suggest the same thing with the 4.6 headers. Look at some used ones on ebay, see what you can get cheap that looks like it might work, and then try them out and see how close they are. If it is going to be too hard for that particular set, you know what brand not to buy next time, and you can re-sell them on ebay and buy a different brand and try again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts