TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was noticing a 'ticking' at idle inside the cabin that, after searching, I thought to be the injectors being noisy. I wanted to make sure I didnt have any problems with the injectors. I dont hear any ticking in the engine compartment though. Oil is good and full......

I checked them and they all ohm'd between 14.6 and 14.8 ohms, so they are good. I also broke out the mechanich stethascope and no one injector sounded louder than the other. I also used it on the heads/valve covers to see if there's any noise coming from there such as a lash adjuster or the like and I heard nothing but a smooth running engine. I like being proactive rather than reactive when something goes wrong so I wanted to make sure I dont have an issue that's going to leave me stuck somewhere......... especially becasue I use this car as my family car.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Good call. I used to notice a clicking sound at idle in parking lots in my 94. Turns out it was the canister purge solenoid. I dont hear it on the 96 though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts