TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its on my 94 LX with the 4.6! I have the mounting bolts loose but what and how do you get a wrench in there to loosen the nut from the exhaust piping???? That is all I have to do to get it out and replaced! any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Here's the procedure, as detailed in the 1994 Service Manual. It indicates you must remove the tube with the valve. (The mechanic I hired to do this for me confirmed that as well as I got frustrated with the procedure after a while!). All I can figure is that some offset-type wrenches, crow's feet, or universal-joint extensions were used, as it is a tight fit.

If you move/undo the large wiring harness that runs along the rear of the engine compartment out of the way, you may have a little clearer view... That helped me when I replaced the DPFE sensor and EGR vacumum solenoid recently. Also, I removed the RH wiper and cowl; it didn't open things up much, but it felt there was better clearance to do the work.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The '97 is much much much much x10 easier than the '94-'95. The EGR is right by the upper plenum, so it's no problem getting it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts