TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last summer medicalmike and I decided to do the PI swap on his 95 xr-7. Been meaning to post pictures.

To be more accurate, he decided it was worth it to drop a but-load of money on trick flow twisted wedge heads and a stage 2.5 cam I think?
Since it's a 95 motor it is OBDII, and switching to PI style heads ups the compression.
Along with the twisted wedge heads, he got the kooks headers, trickflow valve covers, the PI manifold, BBK throttlebody/plenum, thunderbird CAI, GT MAF, upgraded the injectors and fuel pump and put on an aftermarket rail.
I don't know how to adjust the size of the pictures so here's the link.
http://imgur.com/SbbIRMS,96AuST4,WQa3eb4,yPclcvh,yoAP3nW#0

We cleaned up under the hood since, rerouted the fuel lines and relocated the regulator. But you get the gist. 316 RWHP

Can anyone do better NA?
I have some video of the first start (with no exhaust) and the dyno run. Not sure the best way to link video.

Edit: other mods shown in the pictures include a cobra brake upgrade (front and rear), and mustang rims.
We also put in 3.73's with tracklok.

Underhood:

The Cobra brakes with the mustang rims

A couple of shots of the car

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea 316 is about right

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
That's a very Nice Car!!

Great Job, guys.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Useless lying numbers. Can't stand dynojets.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Useless lying numbers. Can't stand dynojets.
now, now! lol I know there will always be discrepancies, but the shape of the curve tells a lot regardless of the numbers.

Should have been SAE at least but oh well.

I think R9238423421 and a couple others have you beat though. I think they are in the 320+ rwhp range. Driller I think is the other one with the 5.3 stroked DOHC putting out a lot too.

·
Super Moderator
9,359 Posts
C'mon GM, I need some longtubes to help represent the ported PI crowd! :tongue:

Seriously, nice numbers. Just goes to show those sissy power adder guys us N/A guys are serious. ;)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,788 Posts
C'mon GM, I need some longtubes to help represent the ported PI crowd! :tongue:

Seriously, nice numbers. Just goes to show those sissy power adder guys us N/A guys are serious. ;)

That is one thing that I have never understood from people.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Yea I'm going to get rid of my SC kit, N/A is where it's at.

But yea nice numbers! I like the chrome around the doors and the hood. Maybe some lowering springs if I'm going to nitpick. But overall...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
So that's in like the 270 ball park for mustang dyno numbers I'd imagine since they are non sae dynojet numbers. Assuming we are factoring a 1.000 correction multiple. Sorry to be that jerk to nitpick your numbers but that's my job as a certified dyno operator. Either way it's a nice build, I love seeing a built cougar, they seem to get no love by the racing community.

·
Super Moderator
9,359 Posts
That is one thing that I have never understood from people.
It's just some friendly banter or teasing if you will, I don't have anything against power adders or the people who use them (at the very least of all you). :) :zbeer:

I blame kdanner for starting that one, lol.

·
Registered
742 Posts
...so, just to clarify, what does this mean at the crank, so far as power production is concerned?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice looking Cougar, and nice numbers as well! Are those the 18" wheels off the '11-'12 GTs?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I spy a clutch fluid reservoir. This is a manual, right?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea your numbers don't apply anymore, this with auto would be under 300 rwhp

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Either way, these are respectable numbers. Could probably use more tuning, I'd imagine. Which Trick Flows did you use? Also, which 2.5 cams?

·
Registered
59 Posts
These are the 2010 gt rims, I got them from American muscle. Yes it has a t45 swapped in. We used the 38cc trick flow heads with the 2.5 trick flow cams from modular head shop.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts