TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2005 4.6 with 87,000 miles from a Lincoln Town car for a steal. It's going in my 95 non pi tbird. This is a fly by wire throttle body. Can I just use a cable controled tb to replace the wire one? Any other issues known for this swap. I did a search and found nothing covering this issue.
Transmission is done with Jmod (There so I took your suggestion on that). Car is off the road for winter but would like this done by spring.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
You will need the throttle body, upper plenum, fuel lines, and vacuum harness off a 96/97 tbird or cougar with a 4.6, but then yes you can use the engine and intake manifold from the 05.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks. If this works I'll get a higher power engine and transmission for less than the cost of having my old transmission rebuilt at a shop. Works for me.
I'll be looking at the same setup if the need arises in my '95. So far, the best investment I've made in my car is the true dual, mandrel bent exhaust with performance mufflers.

·
Banned
575 Posts
i didnt need fuel lines, just rails..the 95 ins for the fuel rail had enough slack i carefully bent them to line them up with the newer style fuel rail..hes gonna need throttle cable bracket, intake tube, iac plug connector for 1996to04 4.6l,water neck,egr tube or delete kit, driver side coolant sensor(the pre 96 wont clear the 96plus water neck),valley tube, water pump nipple and to lengthen a few wires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts