TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Esther is running lean and we don't know why. Other symptoms include high revs in idle and fluctating RPMs in in idle. It is running lean enough that it doesn't show on the A/F meter. I have replaced both O2 sensors and the TPS and the IAC and the plugs and the wires and I cleaned the air filter and I cleaned the MAF and so on and so on. I am thinking that there is something wrong with the injectors or the EEC. I have a lighting MAF. Somebody please help us.

--Craig

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Double check for vacuum leaks ... everywhere after the MAF i think you should find something... if not anything obvious ... could be brake booster too. But im leaning towards a hose being split somewhere.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still acting up. She isn't running lean as much anymore. Throwing P1151 and now has a rough idle. I checked for vacuum leaks and I couldn't find any. I cleared the code and now I am waiting for some help...........

--Craig

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The code was p1151 - a Ford specific code that means, "Lack of HO2S Bank 2 Sensor 1 Switches - Sensor at Lean Limit".

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We replaced both O2 sensors (precat) and the code is not on always....could it be a loose fricken connection???

--Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts