TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know what all options are there for headers either OEM or otherwise that I can bolt onto my 4.6 because some genius chopped up the exhaust right behind the stock flange. I could have an exhaust built from there back for a decent price and I'd like to get something better to throw while it's apart. I'd also prefer to not to have to cut and weld or pay a crazy high price.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Lol, i'm gonna suggest the "search" button before all the others blast ya. This has been discussed many, many times. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the search button every time I have a question, all I ever get are threads filled with people saying "Use the search!!"

It's just redundant.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I'd like to get something better to throw while it's apart. I'd also prefer to not to have to cut and weld .
Well, to put it bluntly.....
You're screwed.
JL

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What he said.

But really, your options are limited to the JBA and SS Autochrome headers for bolt on, which most everyone agrees aren't worth anything. Your best option for bolt on would be the ported manifolds most guys run, or dig deep for the Kooks. If you can get past your aversion to cutting and welding, see the sticky at the top of this forum for pics and info on how I modified the MAC longtubes to fit. After that there is a guy in Ohio who makes lontubes designed to fit these cars, but at $1300 I doubt you want to go down that road.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Ported manifolds or Kooks is the best bolt on options. Both offer real gains what gains those are depends on the rest of the car. Shorties offer nothing but the potential to crack.

How is it you can swap a 6 to an 8 and not be able to mod some mac long tubes like cableguy did?

So Im guessing no one here has those 1300 buck long tubes.

·
Registered
742 Posts
So Im guessing no one here has those 1300 buck long tubes.
I'll bet if someone suggested that they also fit M3's, they would be a hot seller....

"ONLY $1300??? What a savings!!!"

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just picked up a set of pi heads that came with these headers. they are from a 5.4l, flow more and hug the engine. not sure if anyone else has gone this route but I'll be trying em out.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I just picked up a set of pi heads that came with these headers. they are from a 5.4l, flow more and hug the engine. not sure if anyone else has gone this route but I'll be trying em out.
]
Those look to be no better than what we have stock, not to mention the EGR tube would be on the wrong side

·
3,232 Posts

Are these what you're planning on using to make 600 hp on your "NO expenses spared" build?
JL

·
Registered
138 Posts
they have longtubes in suoercoupeperformance.com but there quite expensive
I had the JBA unequals on my car liked them quite a bit no welding involved there. they bolt up to stock exaust

·
3,232 Posts
they have longtubes in suoercoupeperformance.com but there quite expensive
I had the JBA unequals on my car liked them quite a bit no welding involved there. they bolt up to stock exaust
Supercoupeperformance sells Kooks.
JL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are these what you're planning on using to make 600 hp on your "NO expenses spared" build?
JL
and we have a contender for the first person on my ignore list.
might want to take some tylenol your head seems to be swelling with moderator powers.

I'm going to ask nicely... dont reply to my posts anymore.
I dont want to read your sarcastic comments, nor do I deserve this lovely welcome from you since I'm under 20posts.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey money bags ("Mr. I pull in 10K a month") buy some real headers. How do you know your rusty old truck manifolds flow more?

Even a lowly commoner such as myself has a set of Kooks on my car.

JL is amongst the most knowledgeable on this site.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Long Tubes

If you buy a set of Long Tube headers (by far the best choice) for a 96-04 Mustang, there is a member on here that will modify the driver's side header so they will fit your Thunderbird (around the steering shaft).

I can't remember his name, but I'm sure he will speak up here and if you search with the right keywords, you can find him!

Many here are happy with the Kooks mid-lengths and I am sure they are awesome, too. But, as you've already seen, they require a mortgage to get 'em! lol

Oh snap! Here is the thread on the long-tubes:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=133912

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If you buy a set of Long Tube headers (by far the best choice) for a 96-04 Mustang, there is a member on here that will modify the driver's side header so they will fit your Thunderbird (around the steering shaft).

I can't remember his name, but I'm sure he will speak up here and if you search with the right keywords, you can find him!

Many here are happy with the Kooks mid-lengths and I am sure they are awesome, too. But, as you've already seen, they require a mortgage to get 'em! lol

Oh snap! Here is the thread on the long-tubes:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=133912
I can't remember his name either but I hear he is an a**hole, hahahaha. Check my thread, I stand by what I said in there. If your serious, send me a PM we can talk about it. But only if your serious, I'm not gonna do any run around games.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hrmmm 3v headers share a bolt pattern (from exhaust manifold gaskets). flow great compared to our logs, they are still cast iron and a quickie fab job gets you an adapter plate to go from our O shaped ports to the 3v D shaped ports.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
+1 for Kooks. I noticed a huge gain when I installed mine, and you won't find anything better. If you're not in a hurry, keep an eye on the for sale forums an you can find them used for a little less.

And you might not wanna be so hasty with the more knowledgeable people on the site. You might be burning bridges with people you need help from in the future.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts