TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
You won't be able to do anything very exciting with the stock 94/95 heads.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
You won't be able to do much with those crappy valve springs....unless you have '96-'98 NPI heads or better.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
ive heard but i think they mixed up engine blocks that you can put 351 windsor heads on a 281 block?
No, the 351 Windsor and 4.6L/ 281 Modular are two entirely different engines. Impossible, won't work. Try searching in the 4.6/5.4 section, and you'll learn quite a bit. Get to know the modular V8 first, then start thinking of doing modifications.

Oh yeah, inb4 :gotsearch

·
5,650 Posts
You won't be able to do much with those crappy valve springs....unless you have '96-'98 NPI heads or better.
The valve springs are identical. The issue is the spring seats. If they are machined down, then the F4AE heads can accept a higher lift cam; otherwise there will coil bind...quickly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you master for the unsarcastic INFORMATIVE response. that is what i was going for. at least there is one mature person here

·
Super Moderator
16,757 Posts
The valve springs are identical. The issue is the spring seats. If they are machined down, then the F4AE heads can accept a higher lift cam; otherwise there will coil bind...quickly.
Nope, they're different. Note the slightly shorter height (1/8" or so) of the 94/5 spring and the slight taper towards the top of the 96+ spring.

96+ on the left, 91-95 on the right.

·
5,650 Posts
we wouldn't know, we didn't own weak 94/95s :p
:uppoint: This is true!

Nope, they're different. Note the slightly shorter height (1/8" or so) of the 94/5 spring and the slight taper towards the top of the 96+ spring.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/cougarman1/springs001.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/cougarman1/springs002.jpg[IMG]

96+ on the left, 91-95 on the right.[/QUOTE]

I think there's something wrong with that early spring. Manufacturing defect or something. They cross over to each other in the catalogs!

·
Super Moderator
16,757 Posts
thank you master for the unsarcastic INFORMATIVE response. that is what i was going for. at least there is one mature person here
A. mature person wouldn't be too lazy to search

B. If you're too lazy to search, you're probably not going to be doing any engine work anytime soon

C. Why does your sig say...
1995 ford thunderbird lx for sale pm me
...when your post count is 23? You do know that violates marketplace rules right?

Or are you just asking dumb questions to paddle your postcount so you can post in marketplace?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.