TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have a 92 sc thunderbird and a 95 cougar with a 4.6 I am really thinking hard about moving the 4.6 and putting it in the sc how much work will this be, I know I will have to do alot of work but what kind of work will it be to make sure the gauges will work and all of the other electronics like the a/c.

·
Registered
663 Posts
what is wrong with where the 4.6 is currently located? it is still an mn12...

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
It's a LOT of work, mainly wiring, to stick a 4.6L in a early SC. If we're just talking about a stock 4.6L SOHC, it isn't worth the trouble, IMO.

-Rod

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys I thought is was more work than what I wanted to do so the scs are going to be sold now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It was little bit of work but I've done it .Gauge clusters are interchangeable at lest on 95 cars,I'm running super coupe gauge cluster with 4.6 Dohc and everything works except the boost gauge:mad: but boost gauge will start working again soon:D.I reused my SC tank with fuel pump and fuel rails.All you have to do is swap all the wiring from one car to the other.

VIDEO - 95 Super Coupe with 4.6 dohc

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
Doing the swap into a 89-93 SC is a bit more difficult than that, due to wiring/electronics changes made for the 94 model year.

-Rod

·
5,650 Posts
Yup. With a 94+ car, all you have to do is change the harness that goes from the PCM to the engine bay. All the other wiring throughout the car is modular and will work. With a 93 or earlier, you'd have to change that wiring, the dash wiring, and possibly the interior wiring and engine bay wiring.

·
The Parts Guy
7,342 Posts
With a 93 or earlier, you'd have to change that wiring, the dash wiring, and possibly the interior wiring and engine bay wiring.
Correct. I ended up completely rewiring the entire car when I did the swap.

-Rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts