TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Popular Hot Rodding Magazine, Professional-Products is marketing adapters that will allow you to mount a PI type 4.6 intake manifold on a 5.4 block. This will (according to the write up) allow you to use the better breathing, lighter car intake on the truck engines. I couldn't find them on the website, but there is a photo and a brief write up on page 19 of the Nov. 07 Popular Hot Rodding Magazine.

What do you guys think? Would a 5.4 run better with a PI (or Typhoon) intake?

I've sent an email to P-P asking about them. I don't plan on trying to put a 5.4 in my car. I'm just interested in anything that may add options for those that are.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I was asking more about the adapters than the Typhoon.... How would a 5.4 Run if you could use a 4.6 automotive intake (Instead of the 5.4 truck intake) on it.?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Actually pretty well. Check out the gains that JMiller got from his custom job. The 2v 5.4, without any power adders, will still suffer from the same problems that a 4.6 2v will have though, ie, not enough flow and difficulty filling the cylinder from valve shrouding.

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent the following Email to them and got this reply.

Michael

This will be our part number 54110. They will be available within 30 days. I don’t have a price yet but that should be posted in the next week or so.

John

Professional Products

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:44 AM
To: Pro Sales
Subject: 4.6 - 5.4 Adapters

According to Popular Hot Rodding, you are going to be marketing adapters to allow a 4.6 intake manifold onto the 5.4 engine. Can you tell me more about them, I can't find anything in your website about them.

Thanks

Michael Butler

Parsons, KS

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Actually pretty well. Check out the gains that JMiller got from his custom job. The 2v 5.4, without any power adders, will still suffer from the same problems that a 4.6 2v will have though, ie, not enough flow and difficulty filling the cylinder from valve shrouding.

Pete
Please note that the inside of my intake is a ruff surface. You should see a little more with a normal Bullitt intake.

But the runners are too long and will not give you all you can get. It will be better to go with a HPS intake and shorten the runner length to somewhere between 8.5 and 9" (including spacer).

Furthermore I looked into making spacers when I first did the engine and the spacers will raise the intake by the thickness of the spacers. The 5.4L is at least 1/2" taller than a 4.6L so a stock hood will still be a problem.

I discussed that a little here:
http://www.eastcoastrollingthunder.com/smf/index.php?topic=631.0

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
An NA 5.4 2V really needs help. SVO heads would be one of the best things you could do for one, but it's still never going to be much. With forced induction they are fine though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts