1,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Where did u get these?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
wow, i got to check those out. Ive got a old style alum crossover to swap on during my ECM/harness swap eventually, i might just throw a set in their for giggles.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
YeAp these should be the ticket as Ron's car has regular ones and has developed a leak

·
Super Moderator
11,876 Posts
Thanks to Rob & Ricky for taking care of me!

Only the best for the monkey's car. :D

Thanks for posting the pictures Ricky.

·
Super Moderator
11,876 Posts
I had noticed a streak of coolant running down the front of the timing cover this summer. I wasn't surprised when he told me that I had a leak. I'm glad it was something relatively simple to fix and that there was an updated product available to upgrade to.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I'm gonna need a set when I swap that new alum crossover intake onto my '01 Merc's 4.6 to rid it of that plastic crossover.

Nice set .... but dang ...... even with my emp discount still $68! But they look like they'll more than do the job!
If you buy these online at advanceautoparts.com, enter discount code TRT37, you can buy these for $52 ! ;)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Wow nice find but then u gotta pay shipping but oh we'll there 85.99 at advance auto, but oh we'll

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Wow nice find but then u gotta pay shipping but oh we'll there 85.99 at advance auto, but oh we'll
I don't pay shipping - I buy online, then go pick it up at the store.

Been doing it for years and I can beat my buddy's cost (he owns a garage), the employee discount, you name it!

You just gotta find the code for the highest discount depending on how much the part is.

Generally, if you can keep your cost around $50, you can save $20 with code ES123 which comes to 40% off.
I just did a quick google, found that TRT37 which gave $30 to save a bit more.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I had noticed a streak of coolant running down the front of the timing cover this summer. I wasn't surprised when he told me that I had a leak. I'm glad it was something relatively simple to fix and that there was an updated product available to upgrade to.
Even then, I'm sure there's thousands of blown modulars out there with no coolant problems. You probably just had a bad set. Either way, it's good to know they've been out there since 2010.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Doesn't Trick Flow sell a pair made for aluminum manifolds? I think the price was under $30 a set. Question is, does it really matter wither you use the stock PI or the new felpro?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
These gaskets are not in stock at the store, or I would have gotten them there

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
These gaskets are not in stock at the store, or I would have gotten them there
Robert, if you want to buy something out-of-stock at Advanced, here is how to do it (yes, I've been doing this and you can beat even Rockauto prices).

Go to the store and tell them you want these gaskets - they will have them transferred to your store. When they arrive, the store has to add them to their stock.

Once they do that, you can go online (I do it right in the store from my phone), pay for it online, select your store and the "pick up" option. Don't forget to add the discount code when you order it online.

The "pick up" option won't appear until they add it to their stock in the store.

Yes, this works as (as I've already said), I've been doing it for years. :thumbsup:

And you're not doing anything wrong - I've done this with the District Manager of Advanced standing next to me and he said, "That is why the option is there online." when I asked him if it was ok.

You can save a ton of money this way!!!

This is a BIG tip and I hope at least somebody (besides me) gets some value out of it now I've posted it online. I would have told y'all a long time ago, but who listens to me anyways! :zdunno:
(I think someone here once said --- "the silent masses") :D

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I take it RobertP sells these since my question never got answered lol
I want a set of these for my bullitt intake, how much are they?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Advance auto 85.99, I can sell it but there's no money to be made being u can buy online

1 - 20 of 26 Posts