TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking a Cobra Intake swap is out of the question since I've got a stock hood, but what about swapping over to a 97/98 intake? Would I need a cowl hood for that too? The car in question is a 94 LX.

Thanks
-Melon

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
gen 1 mark intakes flow better than gen 2 mark intakes. 96-98 cobra intakes flow better than both of them.

·
Registered
654 Posts
dont let the height of the intake stop you from making power...i wont :)
:zwthstpd:

Still gathering parts & doing homework for my swap. I've headed to scout a 97 Mark mill 100% complete on Saturday for dirt cheap. All accesories, wiring harness ect. & I don't even have to pull it :D

Maestro if you get some time shoot me a PM?

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - I'll keep the Gen1 Intake then. And a Cobra intake if I come up with one for reasonable... and a cowl hood.

-Melon

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
thats the reason I don't have one for my mark swap. everyone wants it's weight in gold for those 96-98 cobra intakes

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
:zwthstpd:

Still gathering parts & doing homework for my swap. I've headed to scout a 97 Mark mill 100% complete on Saturday for dirt cheap. All accesories, wiring harness ect. & I don't even have to pull it :D

Maestro if you get some time shoot me a PM?

roger that...

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
The 97 mark has some long inlet runners; I bet it flows pretty well at >3500 rpm...

or with a blower, lol. :)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I heard the 97 cast is junk.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
The 97 mark has some long inlet runners; I bet it flows pretty well at >3500 rpm...

or with a blower, lol. :)
If you look at the runner setup on a Gen II intake it is blatantly clear it is a POS.

The IMRC's and heads have two individual ports, but the Gen II intake manifold has one runner per cylinder that splits before the IMRC.

The problem is that the runners on the intake don't line up correctly with the primary and secondary ports on the IMRC. For example on some cylinders the main path of the air is dumped right into the secondary port of the IMRC, which is closed much of the time. And on other cylinders it is the exact opposite.

Somewhere on the web there are photo's of the Gen II ports showing how mismatched they are. :(

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
SCT, weren't you planning on using a cobra intake on your swap or do I have you confused with someone else?

EDIT: Looks like you did use one.
http://www.forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=1302842&postcount=12

Yes .. it is all done, just a little bit of fabrication and creative thinking to get it all working on the Mark engine. What started out as a great deal on the Cobra Intake manifold for $100 became about $400 worth of parts by the time it was all finished. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts