TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i just recently aquired a 1994 linky mark 8 with 34,000 miles.
so i was thinking, since they have the 4.6 4 cam motor in them, and my car doesnt, i was wondering, how hard is it to swap that motor into my car (1994 4.6 T-Bird) also isnt that the 330 horse cobra motor?

lemme know,
im stoked

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I would do a search, a couple people are doing the swap or are going to be doing the swap very soon so theres lots of threads on it and no i believe the 94
DOHC mark VIII engines are around 280hp i think.

-Matt-

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because the car is not going to be tagged or titled or anything like that, everything i can use from that car is going to be removed, and the body of the car is going to a scrap yard, the body has hurricane damage. engine and trans have 34,xxx miles and the car is in great shape. but i do not want to go through the taxes and all the other BS just to drive it.

if you guys know anything about wether or not the motor can go in
let me know please
Marc

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
FunktasticLucky said:
OMG man... with 34K on it I would take the car off your hands.... I hate to see a low mileage perfect condition mark VIII get torn apart :/
He said the body has hurricane damage.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
any pics of it

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
94V8Thunderbird said:
because the car is not going to be tagged or titled or anything like that, everything i can use from that car is going to be removed, and the body of the car is going to a scrap yard, the body has hurricane damage. engine and trans have 34,xxx miles and the car is in great shape. but i do not want to go through the taxes and all the other BS just to drive it.

if you guys know anything about wether or not the motor can go in
let me know please
Marc

right here :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'm assuming the trans is a 4R70W (Someone correct me if I'm wrong), the 94-95 4R70W's basically sucked... It's probably not worth doing anything with (the transmission).

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im pulling the entire drivetrain out of the car, i also want the front leather seats, and if i can use the rear knuckles or whatever, to do the disc conversion in the rear i will, i will be pating out the rest of the car. the body has some minor hurricane damage on the right rear of the car, below the sail window.
i might be able to post ome pictures if someone could host them for me.

Marc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts