TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am new here, as you can probably tell. I have a 1991 t-bird. It says LX but is a 3.8l. It was willed to me from my recently deceased Grandmother. I was going to sell it, but after driving it home (a 2 hr trip) I fell in love. So much so I have started driving it as my daily driver. She is a bit rusty and needs new rockers, but other than that it is in geat shape. But here is the crux of my situation. I have purchased a 1997 T-bird Sport. 4.6l with the spoiler and larger brakes, you know the rest. It is unfixable. Toatled. No hope for her at all, twisted frame. But the engine had 28,053 kms on it. SOrry i am canadian. Anyway everything is okay on it. Front to back. Suspension, tranny, engine, driveshaft. The accident was on the side. I was going to put it in my 66 Fairlane, but decided to drop a 390. So now I was wondering since I only paid $50 Canadian for the car (about 14 cents US) could I put this stuff in my car. Most of the molding survived along with the bumpers and hood and trunk aswell. Could this conversion be done?. The bodies are remarkably similar. If it is possible, please let me know. I will even go as far as to say thank you if someone can help me. And I must say even with the v6, it is a hell of a nicer car than my 1994 crapmaro I currently own. POS breaks down more often than a manic depressive. Thanks in adance.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Henry said:
SOrry i am canadian.
we forgive you ;)

It'll work...you just gotta change EVERYTHING over. motor, mounts, tranny, EEC, driveshaft, rear end, etc. everything.

not an easy task, but you got a good deal on it...i think it would probably be worth it if your 3.8 is on its last leg.

all of the body parts will work also...cept just leave the side molding off. If you install the bumper, you have to do the header panel behind it and all to make the lights work. it would be a lengthy process..but would look good in the end :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
if you are doing the work yourself it might be worth it. If you have to pay for labor, you might as well just sell that and by and 94-97. You can get a clean 94/95 for about $3000-4000 US.

-Shawn

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. There is not alot of info on these cars. I have made it my purpose in life to give wrecked cars (When funds are available) new life, or put their heart and soul in a surviving vehicle. I will will you this much, since owning a few Fords I am a convert from my Chev passion. I find them a bit harder to work with, but you can achieve some amazing things that Chev fans cannot concieve. Just the fact that this car is independantly suspended makes it worth the effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts