TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS and I wanted to play with and do little upgarding as far as performance goes. What can I do to the engine to get more power out of it, Not talking drag racing just everyday commuting power etc..

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Welcome to the forums, 95GrandLS.

One of the easiest ways to get additional power out of the engine is to add a performance chip. It's an upgrade that'll cost about $300-350, depending on where you get it from.

I'm not familiar with the Grand Marquis enough to add to this, but I'd think that there are ways to improve the intake and exhaust systems, so that air flow is improved.

There's a website called Lincolns OnLine (www.lincolnsonline.com) that may be worth a visit as well.

Once again, welcome!

--Pete

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Just as a tip for getting a chip I would look into www.reinhartautomotive.com Dennis Reinhart is a good person to deal with and he is located in florida. Also ask him if a Larger (maybe the 2002 stang GT 85mm MAF) would be worth it for you.

Other then chips, you can probably do Torque Converter, Gears w/ trac loc (FRPP pumpkin unit), Underdrive pullies, maybe even look into have a shop weld up a nice exhaust if there isnt already a catback or something out there that fits your car. I dont know what the intake routing looks like under the hood of those cars but on the 94/95 tbirds there is a flat plastic tube that goes from MAF to TB. Many people replace it with a rounder tube. If that is the case in yours then a new intake tube could help a little and maybe even a filter (some like K&N some dont). There are many out there and people are saying to go with the non oiled ones because they wont make the intake routing and MAF dirty.

Also the people at www.crownvic.net seem to be doing quite a bit too and you can probably get some ideas from over there if you havent already.

Good luck

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you don't have duals, get them... you'll notice a seat of the pants improvement.

They are one of the last cars with real dual exhaust.

You should be able to get the H-pipe and I believe all the left side piping from a parts store for about $175 including some kind of turbo mufflers(both) just cut the factory one out

OH.... and get rid of the resonators.

Easy bolt on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts