TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car wouldn't start after work one day, so I got it jumped and took it to Autozone. They tested it and said I needed a new alternator, so I bought one and had it put in the car. Then I let it sit for a few days in the cold weather (bad idea, I know) and now it won't start. Won't turn over, the first few times it did but it got weaker and weaker each time.

So I figure it just needs jump-started, but I can hear a rapid clicking noise coming from the area near the inertia switch in the trunk; is this an indication of something more serious or do I just need a new battery?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, it's probably the keyless entry module then. I did not realize that was located back there. But I think I must've hit the unlock button and that's when the noise began. So I assume it's doing that because it's not getting any power from the battery, and it should be fine once I jump-start it. Which I will do tomorrow. Thanks for the info. :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
There is a starter interrupt feature on some aftermarket alarms. My Autopage will do the same thing until you press the unlock button after reconnecting the battery (or after the battery completely dies).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts