TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From my 97' - All four are in good condition ;)

$30 shipped o.b.o SOLD

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea... someone wanted them so I had boxed them but he sold his car.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the tape deck part of it was broken when i got the car

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Do they fit and match up well with a '95 T-Bird sound system?

Al

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea they are the same size just better quality then the standard speakers.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,446 Posts
Hooking the premium speakers up to the non-premium system without the amplifier won't do you much good. In fact you'll probably blow the head unit.

Don't ask how I know this. :zwall:

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how would they blow your head unit they are the same ohms as standard speakers???

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Dunno, I'm not much of a speaker expert. All I know is I tried putting the bird's old premium speakers into the Cougar's non-premium system, got very weak and crappy sounding audio, put the old speakers back in and I still had the weak and crappy sounding audio. New head unit and all is well.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pm sent

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got payment, I will ship them out tmrw and pm you the tracking number. thx

·
Super Moderator
5,083 Posts
Hooking the premium speakers up to the non-premium system without the amplifier won't do you much good. In fact you'll probably blow the head unit.

Don't ask how I know this. :zwall:
Huh?

How would that work?

They're the same impedance, same size. Unless you mean some third-party head unit.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
I really don't know what happened, I just speak from experience. In my case, a stock 94 non-premium head unit with the premium speakers out of the 97. I was installing them trying to get a better sound. I did the driver's side then decided to test them. Initially it sounded like no sound was coming out of them (sound was coming out of the pass. speakers), then I turned the balance all the way left. They were making sound but they were very quiet and the sound was terrible (nothing under say, 500 Hz). I put the stockers back in and expected things to be the way they were before, but the stock speakers were really quiet and again, sounded terrible. I had to have the balance at about 85% left to achieve a balanced sound until I replaced the head unit. :zdunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,083 Posts
I really don't know what happened, I just speak from experience. In my case, a stock 94 non-premium head unit with the premium speakers out of the 97. I was installing them trying to get a better sound. I did the driver's side then decided to test them. Initially it sounded like no sound was coming out of them (sound was coming out of the pass. speakers), then I turned the balance all the way left. They were making sound but they were very quiet and the sound was terrible (nothing under say, 500 Hz). I put the stockers back in and expected things to be the way they were before, but the stock speakers were really quiet and again, sounded terrible. I had to have the balance at about 85% left to achieve a balanced sound until I replaced the head unit. :zdunno:
OK. You talking about the 5x7 Ford PSS speakers? Or the two way JBL PSS speakers? (There ARE two different designs, you know.) the JBLs are mid/tweeter only, no low end to them at all.

I will say that if they blew your head unit, it was already screwed - they're STILL about 8 ohms IIRC (could pull one and look, but am too lazy to check one of my spares.) Same impedance as the 5x7s, BTW ...

RwP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts