TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been building a 408 stroker (351 based) for my truck... i jus bought another truck... 93' f350, 4by4, auto, 5.8 efi.... so i have no want/need for my 2wd f150... the 408 i was building for that, i want to put it in my bird...what do i have to do to put it in??? all i ned is the top end so i could go fuel injected or carb... whats the best & what should i run if going with efi...what tranny should i use? what stall should i get? would an 8.8 be enough or will a 9" fit under my bird?? what do i have to do to complete this swap???

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
well, lets first ask.
What do you intend to do with the car?
Drag race?
Street Car?

What kind of oil pan are you running?
A 351W swap fox pan(like a 7 quart Moroso, etc.), works on these cars, with a bit of cutting on the rear of the k-member....but don't let that scare you, it can be braced back just as strong.

You will need to find the top plates of the 3 piece motor mounts out of a 93 Thunderbird with a 5.0.

To fit any real kind of exhaust(long tubes), you might want to consider modifying your steering linkage. Again, don't let that scare you either, its not that hard of a task.

Any tranny should work(C4, C6, AOD, some 5 speeds)...I run a C6 myself.

Does your 94 have an 8.8 rear?
If so, thats better than the 7.5.
To fit a 9" under the rear, it would require a back halve of the car, then a complete custom rear frame built.
Its been done as well.

I run a carb. setup on mine, while using pretty much the OEM fuel system, with the exception of a different Fuel Pressure Regulator.
I will install a fuel cell of some sort in the near future.

Heres a quick shot of the motor in my 95....

Hope this helps for now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a oil pan on it but it was for my truck... so i will have to get a new pan... but i would like to have this a street car... i would go with a carb ove efi any day....but i see these packages wit trickflow & ford racing. with heads, cam, lifters, timing chain, fuel injectors, upper & lower intake, & other stuff..... all for $2500.... but i'm a carb ,man....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts