TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone install there at?? I have a welder and planned on making custom brackets or somthing... anyone have pictures or advise?? I dont want to attach it to ac condensor

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
We made up some brackets from scrap in Alans shop and mounted it in front of the condenser.
It fit just exactly in place.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should i use my facotry trans cooler crossover with the 40k cooler?

·
Registered
974 Posts
I completely eliminated the stock cooling loop (probably heats more than anything =) )because my kit came with what is basically a t-stat for the trans. If the trans is cold it routes the fluid back to the trans, when it warms up it puts it through the cooler. With such a huge cooler it probably dosen't make a huge difference either way. I just wanted to take some heat away from the radiator.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
it's called a thermal bypass valve :D

some have it integrated into the cooler, mine uses two large passages near the openings to allow the cooler (thicker) fluid to pass through one plate and bypass all the fins, when it gets warmer and thins out a bit, it utilizes the entire cooler

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yea, the one I'm using totaly bypasses the cooler. I have a trans temp gauge I'm putting in soon so I can really mon itor it and see how well it's actually working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts