TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My co-workers friend is selling a 429 for $1,000 brand new built from oil pan to the carb, around 400 horse and I was wondering if it would fit in our birds? Thanks for any info.:cool:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
sure it will, but you will need a different hood, that's for sure.

John

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
A 460 will fit, a 429 is the same deck height and width isn't it? To find this info for sure check the back of an FRPP catalog, it is jam packed with the most interesting Ford engine info you will find.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good

and I don't think I'd have clearence issues, unless the cobra r style hood is not good enough

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It will depend a lot upon the intake/carb/air cleaner combo you use. That will tell the story. Also, I am not sure about how well the valve covers will fit under there...all things to consider.

John

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Put it in! If the hood doesn't fit, leave it off! :) You may also want to figure out what you are using for headers/exhaust maniflods before starting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do it...

with a 14-71:1 roots blower and a pair of Dominators,forget the hood, run custom headers out the side of the front wheel well(after modifing it to fit the 3.5" collector) and add some high temp paint to the door panels and front quarters, sheesh I need to go watch 2 Lane Blacktop again I'm getting nostalgic and such...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts