TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post this here as there is no fourm for me to post it in but some one will move it if they dont like it.

With that said I am going to be keeping track of my 460 bird project and figured some one would like to see..

The plan is to be done by carcraft summer nationals in july with that here are the pics so far

Day 1

I took out the carpet and started to remove the GOO tar that is in there as well as remove some of the front end and the dash is out now also got the top of the 460 off and did some measureing.

Day 1 Tear Down

Day 1 Motor

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I feel your pain!
You are going to love scraping that crap out!
Just get you a good quality heat gun.
And where some kind of resperator....when the yellow foam stuff starts heating up, it smokes a ton, and smeels like SH!!!!

Anyway, good luck, and whats the plan for the motor combo?

·
Registered
384 Posts
get a front mount plate its the eazyst way to go!!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Oh i heard of people doing it..Just never seen a finished product..Know what i mean?
the guy on here daily drove his....had all the fuel injection hooked up, power steering, etc.
There are pics of it floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
his name on here is 90 sc 460 hes a member of the nevada chapter and I've seen pictures of the install.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the motor is from a 74 bird and I don't think it will be nice enough to drive on the street I am looking at some were around 800 for the combo that I am going to do.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I found a pic of 90 sc 460's install...... tada!!!!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
also if you couldn't figure out the basis of the username it used to be a 1990 thunderbird supercoupe and than had a 460 swapped into it

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I really want to drive one of those. Even a stock block with a cam and 100 shot would probably put you in the 12s cheaper than building a 4.6. But you have to do a lot of work to get it that far...

SWS

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,262 Posts
Pro street rich at sccoa has all the info.
Search 460 swap and you will find out.
What I have all ready, Custom motor mounts, Fox swap oil pan, Hooker fox swap headders, Pass. side fits no problem, drivers side needs # 3 headder tube mover for steering shaft clearance, High rise intake will not fit under the hood. Brake power booster might be a problem, depending on your mounts and the previous engine in the car.
Then the ignition wires and fuel pump will be the next bridge to cross.
Oh yeah the stock shifter works with a modified bracket.
The ignition wires are where I am at with my 460 XR7.
Pictures soon to come.
I have finally got into the 21 st century.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,262 Posts
And remember the 4.6 liter engines are not mounted in the mn12's in the center of the engine compartment.
They are offset to the passenger side.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts